Monday, May 6, 2013

You by Charles Benoit


Only 12 more days until TBF! I’m really excited to meet all the authors on the 18th, although I was really lucky to be able to meet Charles Benoit, the author of You, last Friday when he visited my school. I was really excited because not only is Charles Benoit an amazing speaker, but his books are amazing too.

Your name is Kyle Chase. Even though you’re only a 15-year-old high school sophomore, it seems is wrong. How did you get to be here? Was it in middle school when you stopped trying? Or was it when you made your new friends? But you’re sure you’ll be able to turn it around at some point. And then you meet Zack, who somehow has everyone wrapped around his finger. You figure he couldn’t be too bad of a friend to have, especially after he helps you out. But what will the consequences be?

I first read You at the suggestion of my best friend last year. Golly, is this book good! It is the only book written in second-person that I’ve actually been able to get through, and, not only that, really enjoy a ton. You just grabs you by the throat and won’t let go – I actually stayed up into the wee hours of the morning so I could finish it. And the ending is certainly not one you’d expect – months later, I’m still thinking about it. You will not only captivate you, but it’ll hold on to you well after you’re finished. I’d strongly recommend Charles Benoit’s enthralling novel You to anyone looking for a gripping read; and on top of that, it’s not too long, so you’ll definitely be able to finish it before TBF. Hope you’ll come meet Charles Benoit at the Festival!

Happy reading!
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment