The next author to check off our list is Dan Krokos. Elizabeth has done a book review for False Memory.
Miranda Reads: What inspired you to write False Memory?
Dan Krokos: The idea came about from several different ideas that kind of merged together. I wanted to write a story about a girl named Miranda North, who didn't know who she was. That's all I had to start with. I was intrigued by the idea of our memories making us who we are. Are we made up of our past experiences, or are we more than that?
MR: When will the second book in the False Memory trilogy be released? Do you have a release date for the third and final book yet?
DK: False Sight comes out August 13th of this year, so pretty soon! The final book comes out a year later, August 2014.
MR: One of your five fun facts says that you were an extra in The Avengers. Were you able to get pictures and autographs with some of the actors?
DK: No, because we were working the entire time. I didn't want to be unprofessional, and they basically warned us to not be fans and actually do our jobs, since they were paying us. But I did get to hang out with them in between takes. Tom Hiddleston is one of the nicest people you could ever meet, and so is Stellan Skarsgard. Getting to stand a foot away while Joss Whedon gave direction to Loki is too cool for words.
MR: What author are you most looking forward to meeting at the 8th annual Greater Rochester Teen Book Festival?
DK: I've met almost all of them at different cons and fests, so I have to say I'm just excited to see my friends again. I can't wait to see Margaret Stohl, Alex Bracken, Stacey Kade, David Levithan, Jessica Brody, and Lisa McMann again. I'm excited to meet for the first time: Lauren DeStefano and Sara Zarr among others!
Thanks Dan. See you soon!
Alright, we're going to check off some more authors. You cross off the following authors and their books:
- Margaret Stohl: co-author of the Caster Chronicles (Beautiful Creatures, Beautiful Darkness, Beautiful Chaos and Beautiful Redemption). Icons is the first book in her new trilogy.
- Alexandra Bracken: author of Brightly Woven and the first book in her new trilogy, Darkest Minds.
- Stacey Kade: author of the Ghost and the Goth series (The Ghost and the Goth, Queen of the Dead and Body & Soul) and The Rules, the first book in the Paper Doll series.
- David Levithan: author of Every Day, Boy Meets Boy, Realm of Possibilities, How They Met and Other Stories, Wide Awake and more. David also co-wrote Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List and Dash and Lily's Book of Dares all with Rachel Cohn. He recently co-wrote a book with TBF author Andrea Cremer, Invisibility. Since David has a never ending list of books he wrote or co-wrote, you can look up all of his information on Goodreads.
- Lisa McMann: author of the Dream Catcher trilogy (Wake, Fade and Gone), Unwanteds series, Dead to You, Cryer's Cross and Crash, the first book in her new series the Visions.
- Lauren DeStefano: author of the Chemical Garden trilogy (Wither, Fever and Sever)
- Sara Zarr: author of Story of a Girl, Sweethearts, How to Save a Life, What We Lost (previous title, Once Was Lost) and her latest book, The Lucy Variations.
Come back to see more book reviews and author interviews.