Wednesday, May 15, 2013

News, Annoucements & Interview with TBF author: Andrew Fukuda

2 MORE DAYS 'TILL TBF!!!!!

Ok, several things to say in this post, so please bear with me.

First piece of news. Unfortunately, due to an unforeseen issue, Margaret Stohl will be unable to join us for TBF 2013. However, she will be attending TBF 2014. Our thoughts are with you, Margaret.

TBF tidbit: J.R.R. Tolkien once said, "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” In the past we've had authors unable to attend TBF at the last minute. Sure, we can be disappointed but should we allow it to ruin a wonderful and exciting day? In my opinion: It's your decision. With anything that's going on in your life, only you can decide to turn this disappointment around or not.

Secondly, if you are bring a bus, please fill out this form. Less stress = more relaxation.

Lastly, our author interview. On our author list, we can check off Andrew Fukuda. He is the author of Crossing (under the name Andrew Xia Fukuda) and the Hunt trilogy (The Hunt, The Prey & The Trap).

Miranda Reads: TBF readers are dying for the last book in the Hunt trilogy, The Trap. How long do we have to wait for it to be released?
Andrew Fukuda: Thanks for asking! The Trap is due to be released on November 5, 2013 - not too far away! I can't wait for fans of the trilogy to get in on what is an incredible finale, if I do say so myself. There have been so many tantalizing secrets that I've had to keep to myself for the past two years and I've been chomping at the bit to disclose them. Just a few more months!

MR: The Hunt trilogy has been compared to the Hunger Games trilogy. Let's pretend that you are a tribute for the Hunger Games. What strategies would you use to be the last one standing? Would you pretend to be weak and take the other tributes by surprise? Would you team up with the Career Tributes or work alone?
AF: Hmmm... Since I always root for underdogs, there's little chance I'd team up with the Career Tributes. It'd be tempting to work alone given how introverted I am, but there's strength in numbers, too, especially when aligned with good people like Katniss, Peeta, and Rue. In the end, I think I'd grow to love the PARK (Peeta, Andy, Rue, Katniss) alliance so much, I'd end up heroically laying my life down for the good of the other three. May the odds ever be in their favor.
MR: One of your five fun facts says that you grew up in Hong Kong. What was it like living there? How long did you live in Hong Kong? How overwhelming was it to move to America?
AF: Wow, I could write a 500-page memoir and still not do justice to those questions! I lived in Hong Kong for twelve very formative years, and I couldn't have asked for a more incredible place to grow up. I lived in the crack between two worlds - the colonial British world and the local Chinese world. As difficult as it was to straddle these two very different worlds, it made me, I think and I hope, all the deeper and broader for it. Suffice it to say, Hong Kong has a very special place in my heart. Moving back to the States for college was a total blast, not overwhelming at all.
MR: What author are you most looking forward to meeting at the 8th annual Greater Rochester Teen Book Festival?
AF: Probably Tom Angleberger. My sons LOVE his books and worship the man. If I can come home and say that I met the very author they worship and bow down to, my sons will never look at me the same way. I will no longer be just "Dad" to them but will forever be "the man who met Tom Angleberger."
You can also check off Tom Angleberger, author of the Origami Yoda series.
That's it for today. Come back to see more book reviews and author interviews as Elizabeth and I countdown to TBF!
 
 
Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment