I know, I'm crazy to be thinking about 2014 when there's still 6 more months left of 2013. Is it crazy to be talking about TBF 2014? Possibly. Will it harm anyone? Nope. We're just talking about it, right?
I am happy to announce to you guys some of the authors attending to the 9th Annual Greater Rochester Teen Book Festival.
- Leigh Bardugo: author of the Grisha series; Shadow and Bones, Siege and Storm and Ruin and Rising *Ruin and Rising will hit the shelves in 2014*
- Cecil Castellucci: author of Boy Proof, The Queen of Cool, Beige, Rose Sees Red, First Day on Earth, The Year of Beasts and Tin Star *Tin Star will be released February 2014*
- Alexandra Coutts: author of Tumble & Fall *Alexandra's debut book will be released September 17*
- Lisa Greenwald: author of My Life in Pink and Green, My Summer of Pink and Green, Sweet Treats and Secret Crushes and Reel Life Starring Us
- Ellen Hopkins: author of the Crank, Burned, Impulse, Glass, Identical, Tricks, Fallout, Perfect, Tilt and Smoke (the sequel to Burned) *Smoke will be out September 10*
- A.S. King: author of The Dust of 100 Dogs, Please Ignore Vera Dietz, Everybody Sees the Ants, Ask the Passengers, Monica Never Shuts Up and Reality Boy *Reality Boy is released on October 22*
- Marie Rutkoski: author of The Kronos Chronicles, The Shadow Society, Jacks and Queens at the Green Mill and The Winner's Curse *The Winner's Curse will be released March 2014*
- Andrew Smith: author of Ghost Medicine, In the Path of Fallen Objects, The Marbury Lens series, Stick, Winger, Grasshopper Jungle and Once There Were Birds *Grasshopper Jungle & Once There Were Birds will be released in 2014*
- Margaret Stohl: co-author of The Caster Chronicles (Beautiful Creatures, Beautiful Darkness, Beautiful Chaos & Beautiful Redemption) and author of the Icons series.
- Terry Trueman: author of--you guys should know Terry's books by now. Need a reminder, no problem! Terry wrote Stuck In Neutral, Life Happens Next, Inside Out, Cruise Control, No Right Turn, 7 Days at the Hot Corner and Hurricane.
I'm done talking so that means it's YOUR turn to talk! What books are on your to-read list this summer? Are you counting down to 2014? Or are you enjoying each day in 2013? What 2014 books do you need to read, right now? I'm dying to read City of Heavenly Fire, the last book in Cassandra Clare's The Mortal Instruments. Elizabeth is excited to get her hands on Cress, the third book of The Lunar Chronicles by TBF alumni, Marissa Meyer. As you can tell, Elizabeth and I are way too excited for a new year!
Enjoy your summer readers!