Friday, October 27, 2017

Top 3 Authors I Can't Wait to Meet at TBF

Hi everyone! I'm Laura and this is my first time blogging. I’m so excited for TBF this year! We have so many amazing authors lined up and I can’t wait to read every single book on the list! However, because I have a lot of schoolwork and other commitments, this is highly unlikely. So here are my top three authors whose books I can’t wait to read and who I am so excited to meet:

The first author on my to read and meet list is Margaret Peterson Haddix. I was looking over the TBF author list and saw this book by her called Just Ella. I thought that that sounded interesting so I looked it up and found out that it was a Cinderella retelling. I then (of course) got insanely excited because I love fairy tale retellings. This fairy tale retelling in particular seems to take it up a notch and tells what happened after Ella fell in love with Prince Charming. Now her books are at the top of my rather lengthy to be read as soon as possible list. I can’t wait to get to meet her at TBF (which is only in seven months)!

The second author that I can’t wait to meet at TBF is Alisa Kwitney. Alisa Kwitney is writing a book called Cadaver & Queen which is coming out in late February and I am so excited! Cadaver and Queen takes place in Great Britain (how awesome is that) and seems to have a steampunk twist. The main character, Elizabeth, is the first female medical student to go to her school, Ingold. This concept sounds amazing to me and I am dying to read it (Can it be published sooner? I want to read it so badly!). I can’t wait to ask Alisa Kwitney where she got the idea for Cadaver & Queen because it sounds beyond amazing.

The third author that I am insanely excited to meet is April Henry. April Henry has written multiple thrillers and mysteries. My sister suggested that I read her books, which I have sadly yet to do ( As I mentioned, I have a to read list that feels like a mile long). However, I was looking into her backstory a little bit and she has had such an interesting life. Her backstory is fascinating (and involves Roald Dahl. Seriously though, look up her backstory. You will not regret it). I can’t wait to meet her and get to talk to her about her life. And also she knows how to pick locks which is really cool skill that I want to learn.

As you can see, I have a lot of reading to do of amazing sounding books (Yay!). And there are only seven more months until we get to meet these amazing people at TBF!

No comments:

Post a Comment