Friday, October 20, 2017

Top 3 Authors I Can't Wait to Meet at TBF

Hi everyone! I’m Amy, and this is my first post as part of the TBF blogging team!
Teen Book Festival is up to 23 authors as of right now, and I’m excited for each and every one of them, new or returning. Today I’ll be sharing the top 3 TBF authors I can’t wait to meet.

Margaret Peterson Haddix:

I was first introduced to Haddix’s books in elementary school, and I can still remember the hype around them. Up to that point I had mostly read realistic fiction or fantasy, and to be exposed to the unique blend of realistic, sci-fi, and historic fiction in her The Missing series definitely broadened my reading horizons. It was the first series that I can remember that made me want to research outside of the reading, so I became *a little* obsessed with missing persons cases. The plots of her stories are so captivating, and kept me engaged with all the questions they raised. Unfortunately, I never got around to finishing the series, but having the opportunity to see her in person next May is definitely a good reason to pick it up again. Haddix has also written other series, including Shadow Children, and any fan of compelling and thought-provoking stories should pick up one of her books.

Claire Legrand:

I have not read any books from this author yet, but I’m sure that will change soon! Claire Legrand seems to have a wide range of writing, from Winterspell, a loose Nutcracker retelling, to The Cavendish Home for Boys and Girls, which sounds delightfully sinister and disturbing. I’m also excited for her soon-to-be-published book Furyborn (May 2018). Two women fighting a cosmic war across the span of millennia? Seems like a must-read in the fantasy section. She has written several other novels, including Some Kind of Happiness, a 2017 Edgar Award nominee, and her latest book, Foxheart. I admire any fantasy writer, especially one as diverse as her, and am excited for her TBF appearance!

Bruce Coville:

Bruce Coville is one of those authors that I’ve never forgotten (and probably never will), even though it’s been about 8 years since I’ve read one of his books. From the moment I picked up his Unicorn Chronicles series back in 2nd grade, I was hooked- he had created a world that was so magical yet so terribly real at the same time. I firmly believe that Song of the Wanderer is one of the contributing factors to my love of reading. So, yes, I may be biased, but everyone should go see him at TBF. He has written over a 100 books for children and young adults alike, and is a fairly local author from Syracuse.

Well, that’s it! Stay updated on the TBF website as more authors are confirmed!

No comments:

Post a Comment