One of the the most famous authors to be frequenting TBF this year is Scott Westerfield whose fantastic books have topped the New York Times Bestsellers Chart for more than 50 weeks. Author of such mind-bending dystopian fiction such as the Uglies series, and illustrated steampunk such as Leviathan, Scott Westerfield is a genre-hopping rebel. His latest book, in fact, is a paranormal romance crossed with coming of age story as a teen author makes her way in New York.
However he still has a lot more coming with a super- not hero but zero- tale about six friends who use their powers for a lot more than to fight crime, and a sequel, Swarm, which will be available in September.
Here are 10 fun facts about Scott Westerfield:
- He is a vegetarian.
- He never wears jeans.
- He is married to Justine Larbalestier, a YA author in her own right with such works as Razorhurst.
- Besides YA, he’s written a space opera, a couple of Goosebumps books, and three Powerpuff Girls choose-your-own adventures.
- He’s also ghostwritten- not that he’ll tell us who it was for.
- If he wasn’t a writer, he would be a game developer.
- He does not like winter- which makes sense as he spends half his year in Australia.
- He’s been mentioned in Time Magazine as the author of Uglies.
- He is writing another book as a complement to Afterworlds which is a handbook for emerging authors called How to Write YA.
- Most of the events that happen to Darcy in Afterworlds are based on real events that he either experienced or heard about from his friends.