Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Interview with TBF Author: Cristin Terrill

16 DAYS UNTIL TBF!!!

And 16 days until we see Stephanie and the rest of the TBF committee members dress up in steampunk. How exciting is that?! I had the pleasure of chatting with Cristin Terrill, author of All Our Yesterdays. Take a look:

Miranda Reads: Do you have a title and release date for the sequel of All Our Yesterdays?

Cristin Terrill: I'm afraid I can't answer this question yet!


MR: Do you believe that "villains" can be redeemed from their horrific acts?

CT: I suppose that depends on what you mean by "redeemed." I think villains can change, become better people and atone for their crimes, but that doesn't wipe away the bad things they've done. Personally, I'm not interested in villains who are totally evil or good guys who are totally good, though, so I enjoy those shades of gray.


MR: Elizabeth, the TBF co-blogger, asks: Are you a Whovian? If so, which doctor is your favorite?

CT: I'm totally, obviously a Whovian! (Although it didn't occur to me until way late in the game that calling one of my characters "the doctor" -- SOLELY BECAUSE HE HAS A PHD -- would seem like I was ripping off Doctor Who!) I love all the New Who Doctors, but I do have a special place in my heart for David Tennant since I was a fan of his many years before he became Ten. He was in this one play in London that I went to see so many times I probably could have taken over a role if one of the actors had suddenly gotten sick or something.


MR: One of your five fun facts says that Alan Rickman once yelled at you. We're talking about Severus Snape Alan Rickman right? Why did he yell at you? And how in the world were you able to meet Alan Rickman?

CT: Haha, okay, the Alan Rickman story. I feel a little bad for even telling this, because he was probably just having a bad day or something, and to be honest I was kind of thrilled it happened. So for several years I lived in London and worked in the theatre as a stage and house manager. One night we were understaffed and very busy at the theatre where I was house managing, so I took over selling programmes and similar items, which is not something I normally did. All of a sudden Alan Rickman was in front of me, buying a couple of programs. The lobby was rammed with people who were jostling and being annoying, I had another patron trying to talking to me at the same time, and I got a little flustered and was struggling to make change from the money bag that I wasn't used to using. Then he snapped at me to hurry up. It was really not that dramatic I'm afraid!


MR: Let's pretend you're on the talent show, America's Got Talent. What talent would you perform?

CT: Oh lord, I have no idea! I do sing, but I'm not all that great, and sitting at my laptop and writing a novel onstage probably wouldn't be too entertaining. Maybe I'd just do something totally ridiculous and hope for some William Hung-style viral fame.


MR: What author are you most looking forward to meeting at the 9th Annual Greater Rochester Teen Book Festival?

CT: There are so many amazing people coming I can hardly choose! I am a huge E. Lockhart fan, so she might be #1 for me. I may be too shy to try to meet her, though, because I'm afraid I would just end up fangirling in her face and embarassing myself!


Thanks for chatting with me Cristin! See you in 16 days!

That's it for now. Make sure you check out the blog again for more author interviews and book reviews!
Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment