Friday, February 21, 2020

Three TBF Authors I Can't Wait to Meet



Hey all! After posting my first review last week, I am even more excited for TBF this year on May 16th at RIT! While all of the authors coming this year are so exciting, here are the top three authors I am so excited to meet and whose books I love and/or I can't wait to read.

1) Lisa McMann


Image result for the unwanteds lisa mcmann
I just posted my review of the first book of McMann's Unwanteds series last week which I loved both when I read it as a kid and when I reread it this year. This is an absolutely magical middle-grade fantasy series that is incredible and I would love to meet the author who created it. Her world-building, characters are so strong and her writing style is so captivating and meaningful, while still fun and humorous. McMann's works are so imaginative and heartwarming and I bet she is just as fun in real life as her books are!

Image result for we are the ants
2) Shaun David Hutchinson

I have been meaning to read one of Shaun David Hutchinson's books for years and after seeing that he is coming to TBF this year it was the push to actually get to one of his incredible books! First on my list is We Are the Ants, closely followed by At the Edge of the Universe, both of which I have heard wonderful things about. Hutchinson's books are beautiful and meaningful while still realistic with characters and stories that stick with you, as well as having incredible own voices for LGBTQ representation. After watching a clip of Hutchinson speak it is clear he is an incredible individual and speaker and I am very excited to have the opportunity to meet him this year!



3) Andrew Smith
Image result for grasshopper jungle
I've heard stellar things about Andrew Smith's books forever and after seeing that he is coming to Rochester this year, I added his books to my list very quickly, with my eyes set on starting with Grasshopper Jungle. A Goodreads review described this novel, saying: "You won't find a YA book out there like this one," a review that instantly intrigues me. Smith's books are funny and weird, yet heartbreaking and real, with remarkable characters often with LGBTQ representation. Smith's writing style, just like his books, is unique and quirky in its own way, and I can not wait to be able to meet him and experience his ridiculous wit in person.



Overall, I know this is going to be an incredible year for TBF with so many incredible authors coming, who have written  absolutely incredible books. Stay tuned for another review next Wednesday!

-Claire




No comments:

Post a Comment