Friday, February 14, 2020

Friday Fun Post: Top 3 TBF Authors I Can't Wait to Meet

Hi everyone! If you've been keeping up with the TBF website or their social media, you've probably seen the exciting author reveals for TBF 2020. Some familiar names are on the list, and so many new ones as well. Personally, I'm looking forward to meeting all of them, but my top three are Lisa McMann, Elizabeth Lim, and Stephanie MacKendrick!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Lisa McMann (The Unwanteds)

McMann's The Unwanteds was one of the most memorable series I read during middle school. It was a time when I was exploring different genres and literary styles, and it was one of those books that transitioned me from middle grade to YA. I still remember which shelf the novels were located on in the school library, and while a lot of the details of the plot escape me today, I still remember falling in love with the world of Artimé, the magic and creativity, and the characters. I look forward to picking up where I left off, and I can't wait to meet McMann in person at TBF!

Elizabeth Lim (Spin the Dawn)

Lim is a new author for me, and while I haven't read her novel, Spin the Dawn (it's on my desk right now!), it instantly caught my eye. With its incorporation of magic, myths, and allusions to Ancient China, it struck me as an intriguing fantasy read. I love when authors tie in elements of their cultures into their writing, especially stories and legends they've grown up with; not only does it add a fascinating layer of complexity, but it contributes to greater representation in fiction as well.

On top of that, Elizabeth Lim just seems like someone I would love to have a conversation with. From her author profile, she loves music and has pursued music composition professionally, and I would love to talk with her and learn more about her decision to ultimately pursue writing!

Stephanie MacKendrick (In Good Hands)
Cover may not be final


MacKendrick is the author of the upcoming novel In Good Hands, which shares the stories of several female politicians and the pathway to politics. Besides fiction, I love reading memoirs and similar novels because I love real-world, empowering stories, and I believe In Good Hands will fulfill that well. I also recently took a government course and went on a trip to Washington, D.C. to meet with various agencies and Congressional staff, and In Good Hands seems like another way to connect politics with my everyday life.

Lastly, MacKendrick has an interesting perspective as a former journalist who is now focused on women's career advancement and nonprofit leadership, and I would love to hear more about her background and current work. In Good Hands comes out in April, and I can't wait to read it and meet her at TBF!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you're as excited as I am for the authors coming to TBF 2020! There are so many more I haven't mentioned, so I encourage you to look at the list here! Counting down the days!

-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment