Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Book Review: Into the Dim by Janet B. Taylor

Hi readers! I hope you're staying warm and finding some good books this season! I've been enjoying this fall with Janet B. Taylor's book, Into the Dim!

Hope Walton isn't your typical home schooled teenager. Hope has a perfect photographic memory and a few severe phobias to go with it. When Hope's mother is presumed dead after a horrible earthquake, Hope's carefully built world crumbles out from underneath her. In order to give her time to grieve, her father ships her off to her Aunt's mysterious mansion in Scotland. There, she finds out that her mother is alive and well in the year 1154. Hope finds herself facing her fears as she travels back into the past to rescue not only her mother, but several of her new friends too.

Even if you think you know how time travel works then you still probably find this book refreshing and new. I'll be honest, as a reader I have heard several different theories on the function and effects of time travel, and I wasn't sure what to expect from this book. I was pleasantly surprised to find Into the Dim to be a new and well crafted story. Along with time travel, this book is filled with action, love, and a ton of twists and turns that kept me on the edge of my seat, screaming aloud at the pages when something bad happens and jumping for joy at something good. Not only did Janet B. Taylor have a perfect balance of history and fiction, but she wrote in very real characters that I could understand, relate to, and fall in love with. I can honestly say that there wasn't a single moment where I was bored while reading and I highly recommend that any fans of science fiction or fantasy read this book.

Keep a close out out for Janet B. Taylor's Into the Dim when it officially releases in March of 2016! You won't be disappointed by this novel and I can't wait to share this reading experience with all of you.

Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment