Thursday, February 6, 2014

Interview with TBF Author: Cecil Castellucci

Hello readers!

A quick shout out to our wonderful guest bloggers: thank you so much for those wonderful book reviews! I definitely know what to read while I am cooped up at home!

Now TBF fans, I present to you TBF alumni, Cecil Castellucci, author of Boy Proof and Tin Star.

Miranda Reads: You have a new book coming out called Tin Star. Can you tell us more about it?

Cecil Castellucci: Tin Star is the story of Tula Bane, a human colonist from Earth who is abandoned on an alien space station by her colony leader Brother Blue at the brink of a galactic war.  She's the only human on the space station and human's are not well liked in the galaxy, mostly because they are not really known.  The book is about how she survives being stuck there and how her circumstances change  when the galactic war, along with  humans, come to the station.  I like to think of it as a savvy survival tale with a dash of Casablanca.


MR: Will Tin Star be a stand-alone novel or will it be part of a series?

CC: It is book one of a two book series.  A duet!  Book two is due out next year and it is called A Stone in the Sky.


MR: Are you currently working on a new book?

CC: I just finished wrapping up the script for a new graphic novel called Pearl in the Rough which is coming out on Dark Horse comics some time in 2015.  It is being illustrated by the amazing Joe Infurnari.  It's about a girl who rides the rails with an old hobo in 1932.   Other than that, I've just started sketching out a new book which is in the very early stages.  I can tell you that it has a girl, a boy and an crone in it.  I am not quite sure if it is middle grade or YA.  That's the fun part of starting a new project!


MR: One of your five fun facts says that you went to high school with Jennifer Aniston. Was she popular in high school like she is now?

CC: Oh yes!  Jennifer was always popular and pretty, but more than that, she was funny!  A real belly laugh sense of humor.  We went to a performing arts high school together, and she was very much a comedienne, like Lucille Ball.  It's so great to see that she stayed true to that.


MR: Let's pretend you're on the talent competition show, America's Got Talent. What talent would you perform?

CC: I suppose I would either sing punk rock or do a performance art piece!  So, I'd likely lose!  But in my heart, I'd be the winner. (MR: I love the positive attitude)


MR: What author are you most looking forward to meeting at the 9th annual Greater Rochester Teen Book Festival?

CC: I have met so many of the authors that are coming and I love them all!  But I haven't seen Lauren Myracle in a while, so it will be so great to reconnect with her.  She's so fun!

Thanks for chatting Cecil! See you in May!

That's all for now, TBF readers. Make sure to check back for some more author interviews and book reviews!
Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment