Friday, March 27, 2020

Friday Fun Post: Dear Netflix...

Dear Netflix,

I have a proposition for you :)

After reading Claire Legrand’s fantasy novel, Furyborn, two years ago and hearing her describe it at TBF 2018 as being Game-of-Thrones-esque “but without the gratuitous violence against women,” I knew that Furyborn would be perfect as a TV series.

First of all, the pacing and structure of Furyborn would translate beautifully on screen. It’s action-packed, not conversation-heavy, and filled with details that bring the world to life even from the page. I would especially love to see Rielle’s trials depicted--the magic, the dresses--because I know the emotions and tension would be even more visceral and captivating. And I would be equally excited to see Eliana's riveting journey and discoveries.

Furyborn also has such a unique premise and timeline. Rielle and Eliana’s stories take place 1,000 years apart, and there are so many possibilities surrounding the depiction of these two perspectives. Alternating episodes between Rielle and Eliana’s worlds is one such possibility, and another (the one I prefer) would be combining both perspectives into each episode with breaks in between. I loved Greta Gerwig’s film adaptation of Little Women and her use of a fluid timeline, and I definitely think something similar would work for Furyborn.

Overall, there's so much material to work with in Furyborn, and also so much potential to expand on the novel as well. And while I don't have too many suggestions for the characters, I would love to see a diverse and inclusive cast, and if we could support lesser-known actors and actresses, that would be amazing too!

Best regards,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment