Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Tiny Pretty Things


Hey all I am back with another great book. This week I read Tiny Pretty Things by Sona Charaipotra and Dhonielle Clayton. I am looking forward to meeting Dhonielle Clayton after reading this, and reading her other books. This book drew me in very quickly and kept me hooked the whole time.
Black Swan meets Pretty Little Liars in this soapy, drama-packed novel featuring diverse characters who will do anything to be the prima at their elite ballet school.
Gigi, Bette, and June, three top students at an exclusive Manhattan ballet school, have seen their fair share of drama. Free-spirited new girl Gigi just wants to dance—but the very act might kill her. Privileged New Yorker Bette's desire to escape the shadow of her ballet-star sister brings out a dangerous edge in her. And perfectionist June needs to land a lead role this year or her controlling mother will put an end to her dancing dreams forever.
Image result for tiny pretty thingsWhen every dancer is both friend and foe, the girls will sacrifice, manipulate, and backstab to be the best of the best.

Once you pick this book up you will not be able to put it down. It is super addicting and a quick compelling read. I love a book that gives multiple perspectives, I think it really enhances the book and this is certainly the case with Tiny Pretty Things. Each character has such a good story line and unique personality, that allows all types of readers to feel connected to at least one of them. They each have their problems and their strengths and it is really fun to see the differences and the similarities between the charecters. It really feels real, and seems like something that could happen. I really liked that the image of ballerinas were not as gentle as it is often portrayed. I am super excited to read the sequel, which is out.

I am really horrible about coming up with other books like it, but I would just recommend it to anyone who wants to read a drama filled book, with really interesting charecters.

That's all for today. Hope everyone has a great day and I hope to see all of you at tbf!
-Anica

No comments:

Post a Comment