Thursday, March 31, 2016

Come Volunteer For TBF!

Hi everyone, I'll cut right to the chase. We still need volunteers.

If any of you have already signed up, great! I look forward to seeing you there! For those who haven't, I would like to give you some quick insight as to why you should.

I have been a Teen Book Festival Volunteer for the past four years and this upcoming TBF will be my fifth. Volunteering for TBF has been absolutely amazing. It makes me feel more a part of the festival than just attending. Over the past few years I have been lucky enough to be an author assistant to some of my favorite authors which allowed me to be able to get autographs, insight into their writing, and even advice for my own, all while being able to give them the rock-star treatment that they definitely deserve.

As I have been promoting TBF, and excessively insisting that everyone I know volunteer, I have come across a few questions that, if gone unanswered, could turn potential volunteers such as yourselves away. Firstly, if the idea of donating your entire Saturday to TBF does not appeal to you, worry not. Volunteer opportunities range from all day to only a few hours. Secondly, If you do decide to become an author assistant, an all day commitment, you don't have to stay with your author 24/7. You are not their sole assistant and, as a teen, you are able to take one session away to go see other great people or to get those signatures that your books might be lacking at the book signing sessions. If you are an adult author assistant, you do have to stick with your author all day but hey, that's pretty awesome too. Thirdly, if you're not sure if you can get a ride to TBF, check with your school or local library, there is always a chance they're providing transportation to the event; you'll never know unless you ask.

Lastly, the Teen Book Festival is loads of fun! Come because it's amazing! TBF is an event that I am passionate about. Find your way there and enjoy yourself. The festival is May 14th at Nazareth College, you can sign up to volunteer at https://www.teenbookfest.org/get-involved/.

Hope to see you all there!
~Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment