Saturday, February 4, 2017

Splintered by A.G. Howard



Hi guys. I am excited to be back with another amazing book.
This week I read Splintered  by A.G. Howard.

 Alyssa Gardner hears the whispers of bugs and flowers
—precisely the affliction that landed her mother in a 
mental hospital years before. This family curse stretches
 back to her ancestor Alice Liddell, the real-life inspiration
 for Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland.
 Alyssa might be crazy, but she manages to keep it together.
 For now.When her mother’s mental health takes a turn for
 the worse, Alyssa learns that what she thought was fiction 
is based in terrifying reality. The real Wonderland is a place 
far darker and more twisted than Lewis Carroll ever let on. 
There, Alyssa must pass a series of tests, including draining
 an ocean of Alice’s tears, waking the slumbering tea party, 
and subduing a vicious bandersnatch, to fix Alice’s mistakes
 and save her family. She must also decide whom to trust:
 Jeb, her gorgeous best friend and secret crush, or the
 sexy but suspicious Morpheus, her guide through 
Wonderland, who may have dark motives of his own.

I am so excited to finish this trilogy.I am a huge fan of
fractured fairy tales so when I heard about this I just
had to read it. One thing I always like to do is to read/reread
 the fairy tale the book is based off. I suggest reading Through 
The Looking Glass before reading this.

I found A.G. Howard's writing style amazing. I could
see everything that was happening as I read, I loved
Alyssa. In the beginning she has up a lot of walls only
letting you see what she wants to. But the further we go in
the book the more I feel we get to really know her.

Overall I really enjoyed this action packed book.
I would suggest it to anyone who likes fantasy
and/or fractured fairy tales. Specifically Marissa Meyer
fans.

That's all for this week. see you next week for another great book!

-Anica



No comments:

Post a Comment