Monday, March 31, 2014

Interview with TBF Author: Alexandra Coutts

Hello readers!

47 days until TBF!! Have you guys been checking out the awesome book reviews from our Nazareth students? If you haven't you should definitely check them out! Over the weekend I had the pleasure of chatting to Alexandra Coutts, author of Tumble & Fall.

Miranda Reads:  Will there be a sequel to Tumble & Fall?

Alexandra Coutts: Nope! That was really important to me from the beginning, that it be a standalone book. Not to get too spoilery, but I feel like the characters did about as much growing as they had time for in this lifetime!


MR: Are you currently working on a new book?

AC: I am. It is tentatively titled “The Young Widows Club” and is about a 17-year-old runaway who marries her older boyfriend, and then he dies. (This all happens before the book starts, so again, no spoilers here!)


MR: What were your top 3 favorite books growing up?

AC: In order of the age I was when I read them: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis; Just as Long as We’re Together, by Judy Blume; and A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, by Betty Smith. 


MR: One of your five fun facts says that you adopted a dog from Costa Rica. What's the dog's name? What kind of dog is he/she? What made you decide to adopt a dog from Costa Rica?

AC: I was traveling with my then-boyfriend (now-husband) Eliot around Costa Rica and there were just so many adorable little puppy strays. We fell in love with one -- she already had her name, Venga, which means “come here” in Spanish (ironic since she is always running away!) She is a medium sized, black and tan mutt, a very popular mixed breed in that part of the world. I always say that the hardest part about bringing a dog back from Costa Rica was finding a doggy travel bag for the airplane!


MR: Let's pretend you're on the talent competition show, America's Got Talent. What talent would you perform?

AC: Probably some kind of freaky-looking yoga pose. I am (borderline-disgustingly) flexible.


MR: What author are you most looking forward to meeting at the 9th Annual Greater Rochester Teen Book Festival?

AC: I know it’s a cop out to say all of them, but really: all of them! What an amazing line-up. I guess if you made me choose one I’d say Cecil Castelluci.  Beige was one of the first YA books I ever read (as an adult) and I’m really looking forward to reading her new one.


Thanks Alexandra! See you in May!

That's it for tonight, readers! Be sure to check the blog again for more author interviews and book reviews!
Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment