Friday, March 22, 2019

Friday Fun Post: Anticipated books of 2019

Hi everyone! It's been really difficult to pull together this list for you, since there's plenty of books that I'm itching to release, but many of them are juuuust tentatively maybe possibly going to release this year, if you know what I mean. So, I did my best to pick out the ones that I'm ready to put on my bookshelf that are definitely coming to us soon.

Firstly, I am desperately awaiting Master of the Phantom Isle, the third book in the Dragonwatch series by Brandon Mull, which releases October 1st of this year.


Dragonwatch is a 5 book series following our triumphant heroes Kendra and Seth Sorenson in a new adventure protecting both the mundane world and the hidden world of magic world from the tyranny of dragons. Though Master of the Phantom Isle is the third book in this series, I'm just going to go ahead and recommend the entire thing to you because they're all brilliant, full of new creatures, magic, and adventures.

Of course, I am  always anxiously awaiting anything that Brandon Mull writes, however I've really been enjoying Dragonwatch so far. Dragonwatch is a sequel series for Fablehaven, so it really is recommended that you read those first (I promise you won't be disappointed) but you can always plop yourself right in and you won't be too lost. If you haven't read any of his books up until this point I highly suggest you put any of his books on your list.

You can find the first Fablehaven book here: Amazon or  B&N
You can find the first Dragonwatch book here: Amazon or B&N
And you can find Master of the Phantom Isle here: Amazon or B&N

Next, I'm really excited for Kingsbane by Claire Legrand, set to release on May 21st.
Last year for TBF I got a chance to read Furyborn, the first Claire Legrand book I'd been introduced to. While it wasn't what I originally expected it to be, I really enjoyed Furyborn and I'm excited to revisit those characters in the sequel, Kingsbane. I enjoyed the first book a lot because it followed two different characters, and two different queens to be. While their paths never cross, as they exist in different times, their stories still entwine. I definitely recommend you pick these books up and read for yourself!
You can pick up Kingsbane here: Amazon or B&N


Ever the Cinda Williams Chima fan, I greatly awaited the release of Deathcaster, fourth book in the Shattered Realms series, which was released only a few days ago on March 5th. I have yet to read it myself but I hope to pick it up soon.
In the series so far, each book has followed a different main character, struggling against the war broken world of the Seven Realms. In this fourth book the different storylines will begin to come together, while revealing the mysterious connection between them all. This series is another that follows a first, but for this one you definitely don't have to read the Seven Realms books first if you don't want to. I suggest anything that Cinda Williams Chima has written to any fans of magic and other worlds, and I hope some of you are excited as I am for Deathcaster.
You can find Deathcaster here: Amazon or B&N

Since last year I have been excited to read The Everlasting Rose by Dohnielle Clayton, which released very recently on March 5th of this year.
The Belles was another book I had the pleasure of reading for TBF last year and I am absolutely ready to read it's sequel. The first book was filled with so much mystery and so many secrets that I'm itching to read the next installment. There's so many mysteries to be solved in the troubled world of Orleans, where beauty is currency. Dohnielle Clayton puts a brilliant and dark twist on the world of beauty and fashion. Lucky for is The Everlasting Rose is already out, so I'll be getting my hands on it soon.
Snag The Everlasting Rose here: Amazon or B&N


Lastly, on my list for anticipated books of the year is Dark Shores by Danielle L. Jensen, releasing May 7th.
I had to have at least one on my list that wasn't a sequel to anything else that I've read. I'll admit that I don't know too much about this one myself but in reading the synopsis for the book on a couple different platforms I'll admit that I was intrigued. Pirates? Heck yes. A soldier with a secret? Sounds good. Journeying? Always. I'm new to Danielle L. Jensen's books but I'm ready to enjoy nonetheless.
Grab Dark Shores here: Amazon or B&N



That's all I have for everyone today! Happy reading, now and upcoming!
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment