Friday, February 22, 2019

Friday Fun Post: Anticipated Books of 2019

Hey guys! Katie C. here with my first post of 2019! Today I'm going to share with you guys some of my most anticipated reads of the upcoming year!

First on my list is On the Come Up by Angie Thomas

Normally, I'm not much of a realistic fiction kinda gal. However, after falling in love with Angie's first book, The Hate You Give, I put her next release, On the Come Up, right at the top of my TBR. If it's anything like her first book, On the Come Up is sure to be full of dynamic characters and strong themes that will stick with the reader long after the final page. And the best part about this book? unlike all the others on this post, On the Come Up is out right now! You can find it on Amazon and Barnes and Noble, but if you're running low on cash, you can borrow it from your local library!


Next, The Music of What Happens by Bill Konigsberg

Bill Konigsberg is one of my favorite authors of all time! So of course, when I heard he had another book coming out this year, I couldn't help but be excited! Last year, when Bill Konigsberg came to TBF, he said that unlike his other books, Openly Straight and Honestly Ben (which he described as coming of age novels), The Music of What Happens would be a rom-com style of book. And if you're like me and can't wait to get your hands on this book, have I got good news for you! The Music of What Happens will be released on February 26th, which is less than a week from when this post was made! it'll be available on Amazon and Barnes and noble.


Next up, Check, Please!: Sticks and Scones by Ngozi Ukazu


Outside of reading, one of my favorite hobbies is drawing cartoons, which is why I'm a huge fan of graphic novels and comics. One of my favorite graphic novels, Check, Please!, originally started out as a webcomic, where I was first was introduced to Bitty and the rest of the Samwell Hockey team.  Over time, Check, Please! gained such a big fanbase that Ngozi Ukazu was able to get a publishing deal! Check, Please!: Sticks and Scones is the second installment of the series and will be released this coming fall on an unspecified date. However, the first book is currently out, or if you prefer a digital medium, most of the series is available for free on the original website!

(this is the first book cover since 
the 2nd isn't availibe yet) 


Also being released in 2019, The Boy Who Steals Houses by C. G. Drews

Even before C. G. Drews became a published author, I've been a big fan of her book blog, Paper Fury. Back in 2016 when Drews first started writing this book, she'd talk about The Boy Who Steals Houses on her blog and even share snippets with her followers. the concept of someone breaking into houses while others are away intrigued me even back then and only makes me even more excited now when I know that I can read this book in just a few months on April 4th! Unfortunately, because of the publishing deal, The Boy Who Steals Houses and C. G. Drews's other books won't be available outside of the UK and Australia unless you order it for yourself online from a site like amazon or book depository


And last but not least, Race to the Sun by Rebecca Roanhorse

I'm not gonna lie; I'm a big sucker for middle school adventure stories. So when I first heard about this book, a story about a girl who has to outrun a shape-shifter to saver herself and her family, I immediately put it on my TBR list. Even better, Race to the Sun is part of Rick Riordan Presents, which is a small branch of Disney-Hyperion Publishing that makes books for fans of the Percy Jackson series. This book won't be out until October 15th, but you can pre-order now on amazon and barnes and noble


That's all for today I'm afraid. I know 2019 has only barely begun, but i can already feel that it's going to be a great year for books! this is Katie C., signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment