Friday, February 23, 2018

My Experience as a TBF Attendee

Hi everyone! Happy February! I hope you guys have all had a chance to read some wonderful romance books (Pride and Prejudice anyone?) and I know it’s sad that the month of romance (novels) is coming to an end. Look on the bright side though, it it does mean that Teen Book Fest is that much closer (less than three months away)!
I’ve been going to Teen Book Fest for a few years now but I must say, last year was the best year yet. I was able to see Sarah J. Maas and Renee Ahdieh. Getting to see Sarah J. Maas was one of those happy little quirks of fate because I had not yet read her books and was frankly just going to see Renee Ahdieh because I loved her book The Wrath and the Dawn (it’s amazing!). The session was so memorable that I started reading her books which led to a memorable summer of discussing A Court of Thorns and Roses with a Physics teacher at summer camp and, of course, Rhysand (does anything more need to be said?). Sarah J. Maas and Renee Ahdieh were both incredible, sharing funny stories and making everyone in the room wishing that they had such an exciting life (or maybe that was just me…). Getting Renee Ahdieh to sign copies of her books was amazing. Getting to meet the creator of the wonderful fantasy worlds that you live vicariously in while reading the books is always fantastic. The stories that Sarah J. Maas and Renee Ahdieh told were so much fun to hear and they seemed like such normal (albeit extraordinary) people. TBF is such an amazing event and getting to meet the authors is truly inspiring. I hope that all of you can get out on May 18th and meet these exceptional authors (Alisa Kwitney is coming! I read Cadaver and Queen and it is fantastic!).
Hope to see you all there! Have a fantastic March and stay warm in this erratic Rochesterian weather! And if you are looking for a book suggestion read Cadaver and Queen- you will not regret it.
Until next time!

-Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment