Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Book Review: Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce

Hi TBF readers! I hope everyone's October is off to a good start. I'm excited to start the new blogging year! I can't wait to share all these amazing books and authors for this upcoming season with you all. To start us off strong I read Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce!

Young Daine’s knack with horses gets her a job helping the royal horsemistress drive a herd of ponies to Tortall. Soon it becomes clear that Daine’s talent, as much as she struggles to hide it, is downright magical. Horses and other animals not only obey, but listen to her words. Daine, though, will have to learn to trust humans before she can come to terms with her powers, her past, and herself.

Tamora Pierce is one of our returning authors to TBF this year and over the years she has written many fantasy novels to capture our hearts. Even so, this is my first time experiencing one of her books and it did not disappoint. The first installment in the Immortals series caught my attention and kept me interest the entire time. As we explore the world of Tortall our characters are faced with the likes of which they've never seen as mythical creatures are summoned from their imprisonment long ago. With Daine and her connection with animals along for the journey, I got sucked right into the story full of griffins, spirits, and the inner fire of everyday animals. Throughout her journey Daine is such a relatable character to any of you animal lovers out there, and even if you're not but you love a good fantasy novel, this book is for you.

I had a great time reading this book over my long weekend and I hope all of you love it as much as I did. Happy reading!

Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment