Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Book Review: Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Córdova

Image result for labyrinth lost
We all get scared and want to turn away, but it isn’t always strength that makes you stay. Strength is also making the decision to change your destiny.

Hello everyone! I’m very happy to share my first book review for the TBF blog and I’ll be starting with the wonderful Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Córdova, which is the first of the Brooklyn Brujas series.

Nothing says Happy Birthday like summoning the spirits of your dead relatives.
Alex is a bruja, the most powerful witch in a generation…and she hates magic. At her Deathday celebration, Alex performs a spell to rid herself of her power. But it backfires. Her whole family vanishes into thin air, leaving her alone with Nova, a brujo boy she can’t trust. A boy whose intentions are as dark as the strange markings on his skin.
The only way to get her family back is to travel with Nova to Los Lagos, a land in-between, as dark as Limbo and as strange as Wonderland…

If I could give this book more than five stars I would. I haven't ever read a book like Labyrinth Lost, and I have the feeling I won't read one like it ever again. It was the book I've wanted for years without even knowing it, and it is the book that I could read over and over and still find new parts to love. It was full of diverse characters that all stood out to me, and I even loved the villains. The worldbuilding was incredible and the world of Los Lagos reminded me of a creepier Wonderland. As the main characters traveled into the heart of Los Lagos the world kept me questioning and just as I thought I knew what was happening, new twists and turns would pop up and I would grow to love this book even more. This isn’t just a book about witches and magic, it’s a book about real people, and their journey to accepting and embracing themself.  I recommend this novel to fans of Alice in Wonderland and those who like diverse books full of magic and adventure.

So if you haven't picked this wonder up yet, I strongly recommend you do, and I hope you love it as much as I did. Look forward to another review coming next week from one of our amazing bloggers!

-Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment