Saturday, May 7, 2016

37 Things I Love (in no particular order) by Kekla Magoon

Hi readers! I hope you all have been getting through APs alright, but just think, TBF is right around the corner.  If you're anything like me, you probably haven't had much time to relax, much less read, but if you're looking for a quick and heartwarming book 37 Things I Love is the perfect choice.

Ellis is approaching the end of her freshman year of high school and her life is falling apart.  She and her best friend seem to be locked in an endless fight, her mom is trying to force her to make decisions that she doesn't want to deal with, and her father is in the second year of a coma.  Amidst all this drama, she reconnects with a friend who she grew apart from and discovers the truth behind stories and what it means to be a friend.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book.  As many readers know, stories about high school students can often seem forced, but Magoon did a wonderful job making her characters realistic and interesting.  Every one has had fights with their friends and has had to deal with the fallout and Ellis is no different.  Romance and confusion and grief mingle beautifully throughout the novel, leaving the reader wanting more at the end of every chapter.  I know that I will remember this book for a long time and I know that it will leave an impact on every person who reads it.

Any fan of Susane Colasanti, Jennifer E. Smith, Sara Dessen or Rainbow Rowell will certainly enjoy this book.  Even if realistic fiction usually isn't your thing, this is the perfect book if you're looking to branch out and expand your horizons. Well, that's all from me today! Happy Reading!

Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment