Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Book Review: Unremembered by Jessica Brody



Hey, everyone!

I am so excited to review Unremembered by Jessica Brody today. I actually got my copy of it signed at TBF 2013 by her. One of my favorite parts during TBF is when you get to have your books signed by the authors! She was super nice and is an amazing author. I’m so glad she’s coming back to TBF this year!

Check out Unremembered:

When Freedom Airlines flight 121 went down over the Pacific Ocean, no one ever expected to find survivors. Which is why the sixteen-year-old girl discovered floating among the wreckage—alive—is making headlines across the globe.

Even more strange is that her body is miraculously unharmed and she has no memories of boarding the plane. She has no memories of her life before the crash. She has no memories
period. No one knows how she survived. No one knows why she wasn’t on the passenger manifest. And no one can explain why her DNA and fingerprints can’t be found in a single database in the world.

Crippled by a world she doesn’t know, plagued by abilities she doesn’t understand, and haunted by a looming threat she can’t remember, Seraphina struggles to piece together her forgotten past and discover who she really is. But with every clue only comes more questions. And she’s running out of time to answer them.

Her only hope is a strangely alluring boy who claims to know her from before the crash. Who claims they were in love. But can she really trust him? And will he be able to protect her from the people who have been making her forget?

From popular young adult author Jessica Brody comes a compelling and suspenseful new sci-fi series, set in a world where science knows no boundaries, memories are manipulated, and true love can never be forgotten.

Doesn’t that sound awesome? It is.

Let me tell you, this story goes fast. It keeps you entertained and intrigued as the mystery of who this girl is unravels with every page you turn. Though the plot line may seem like something that is old and worn, this book is far from the usual. I found there to be an element of the unknown always lurking and teasing me as I read. Plot twists throughout the story made it interesting and compelled me to never put the book down until I reached the end. I don’t know how to explain it better than that without spoiling any details for you!

Violet, as the girl is named in the beginning before she remembers her name, is placed in care of a foster family until her next of kin can be located, but the one who finds her is a boy who claims to know her before the crash. His name is Zen, and he won’t let her go. Together, we follow them as Violet tries to remember her past and unlocks some sinister things. The thing I liked about the characters from the book is that they seemed realistic. For example, Violet didn’t know a ton of stuff. She’s amnesic; she’s not supposed to.  Another example, Kiyana, Violet’s nurse, is super sweet and kind when the amnesic girl wakes up. Kiyana makes her feel as comfortable as she can in a hospital not knowing anything. That is something a nurse in her situation would do, I feel.

Overall, I loved this book. Jessica Brody is a great writer, and I can’t wait to read the rest of the series. Yes, everybody, there is more to this story! Isn’t that always a great thing to find out? I think so. I would recommend this book to people who enjoy science-fiction, romance, and amnesic people struggling to find not only their past lives, but their present and future ones too.

I hope your day is filled with wonderful books!
Victoria 

No comments:

Post a Comment