Friday, February 14, 2014

Interview with TBF Author: Simone Elkeles

Hello TBF fandom!

Happy Valentine's Day! Or Happy Singles Awareness Day! Or my personal favorite, Happy Valentine's Day With Your Twenty Book Boyfriends and Girlfriends! (I totally made that one up
J) Normally on Valentine's Day, I sit around and read Pride & Prejudice again and then P&P movie and BBC mini-series marathons. This Valentine's Day I chatted with TBF Alumni Simone Elkeles, author of the Perfect Chemistry series.
Miranda Reads: You have a new series called Wild Cards. The first novel came out in October. Do you have a title and release date for the second novel in the series?

Simone Elkeles: Yes! Wild Cards is finally in stores and available online - I’m so excited about it! It’s about Ashtyn Parker, the only female on the football team in high school. She’s got trust issues, and when she meets a boy named Derek who challenges her every move, she’s finally met her match! Derek is a wild card himself, who doesn’t take life seriously after losing his mom. But when Ashtyn comes in the picture, Derek can’t seem to get his mind off of her. She’s the only girl who makes him want to play football again, a sport he left after his mom died. Like with all of my novels, you can expect a lot of action, drama and super hot romance!

The next book in the series will be about Victor. I don’t have a release date for it yet, but if you’re following me on Facebook and twitter , I’ll be sure to announce it there. I can’t reveal too many details right now, but if you saw the Wild Cards mini-series on YouTube, you might have an idea of who Vic is in love with.

MR: You're mostly a romance and contemporary author. Have you thought about writing a dystopian, fantasy or historical fiction novel?

SE: The first book I ever wrote was a historical fiction romance (although it will probably never see the light of day – it needs a lot of work). I don’t think I’ll write dystopian but I have thought about writing a fantasy novel. Right now I’m totally into writing contemporary books, though, so that’s where I’m staying. But I never say never! J


MR: Will you ever write a short story crossover featuring the Fuentes brothers (with Brittany, Kiara & Nikki) and Caleb & Maggie?

SE: Wow, I never thought about that. You WILL see crossover in the second book in the Wild Cards series! Victor’s cousin is none other than Isabel Avila from the Perfect Chemistry series.


MR: One of your five fun facts says you've always had more guy friends than girl friends. What advice would you give a teenage girl about being more comfortable around guys?

SE: Don’t be grossed out by anything they say and when you’re upset with a guy don’t give them the silent treatment or make them “pay” for their mistakes – guys hate that!


MR: Let's pretend you're on the talent competition show, America's Got Talent. What talent would you perform?

SE: Ha! I’d be a comedienne and make people laugh.


MR: What author are you most looking forward to meeting at the 9th Annual Greater Rochester Teen Book Festival?

SE: Seriously it’s so hard to pick! Jay Asher was at my daughter’s high school last week and he was so sweet to her when she went up to him and said, “My mom is an author, too!” I want to give him my thanks for chatting with her! I’m also super excited to see Lauren Myracle –I met her once and she was so much fun to talk to I am excited to hang out with her again! Oh, and Ellen Hopkins is such a great person, too. If you don’t know Terry Trueman that’s unfortunate because he’s hilarious. There are way too many more to name…I’m so excited to be part of TBF this year!


Thanks for chatting with me, Simone! See you in May!

That's all for now. Make sure you check out the blog again for more author interviews and book reviews!

Miranda
P.S. Did you all see that awesome message from author, G.R. Wilson? Be sure to stop over and chat with him at TBF!

No comments:

Post a Comment