Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Scrawl by Mark Shulman


Less than a month until TBF, everyone! Just 24 more days to finish up your reading before meeting our authors! And if you still haven’t read Mark Shulman’s book Scrawl yet, you should definitely check it out.

Tod is a bully. After breaking a kid’s glasses, he’s gotten a month’s- worth of detention writing about his thoughts and what happens to him. As the story unfolds, Tod tells the reader about his less-than-nice home, his lousy as heck friends, and something that might become friendship, all while trying to make his way through eighth grade. But will he manage to stop being a bully and instead become a normal kid?

I REALLY liked Scrawl. I’ve been seeing it on Barnes and Noble’s website over and over, and although the concept seemed interesting, I never made the jump to read it. I literally could not put this book down. Although I wouldn’t necessarily call Tod a “sympathetic” character, he is so relatable and REAL – he is such an interesting character that I’m still thinking about him.

I’d really recommend picking up Scrawl from your library or bookstore, and reading it before TBF. You won’t be disappointed!

 
Happy reading!
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment